Simplest Procedure on what is Hotmail IMAP Setting (POP3 and SMTP settings)…..
The bigger question is, what is IMAP settings?
The abbreviations means Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP). This an official procedure which is used to access mail on a remote wed server directly from the local client. IMAP is among the first and the best procedure of getting emails. It has other counterparts like the POP3 which also rank at the top in email retrieval.
IMAP has the up hand in all the protocols as the POP3 only deals with one application. It assumes the email in directed from one point of application. However the Hotmail IMAP will give access to multiple clients at the same time. IMAP is more recommendable for personal who access their emails from different location and have many user using the same email. It is easy to connect and works to produce the best results.
What are the types of Hotmail IMAP?
The IMAP protocols operates on two ports we have the:
- Port 143: this a default IMAP and non-encrypted port.
- Port 993: this the best for individuals who want to use the IMAP only.
What IMAP offers?
IMAP has a lot to offer to it loyal user have different offers as follows:
- It has very compatible with all internet messaging standards.
- You can receive messages form a variety of computers.
- You don’t need to transfer a message from one device to the other.
- No need to download message from servers.
- Picks all the modes from offline, online and disconnected.
- Works with shared email boxes.
How do I set up Hotmail using IMAP?
Hotmail a flexible free service gives all possibilities of set up using the IMAP protocol. This are the new servers which make work easier and help you download messages from the Hotmail service provides. They transmit from the Hotmail account to your device of choice through an email client. POP and IMAP are the well-known application. However the IMAP works better since it can work with multiple user.
Hotmail IMAP retrieves emails from your email server and lands it to your local device. They take up the name incoming email servers since they ease email connection from provider to the recipient.
We have simple way where you can set up your Hotmail account with the IMAP application.
Taking the incoming IMAP server which has a server address: imap-mail.outlook.com Port: 993 encrypted connection: SSL
For the username one enters the Hotmail email address in full. You have to use the domain and the password which you used to open the Hotmail account. It is always advisable to open and set up a Hotmail account using the IMAP protocol. Remember we said Hotmail IMAP application can be used on multiple devices. This will assist you distribute your Hotmail account to different devices.
Hotmail IMAP server syncs the inbox folder and other Hotmail services on other Hotmail servers and clients which has an attachment with Hotmail account.
Setting up outlook to access Hotmail account using the IMAP?
It is possible to set up the outlook and work it out with the Hotmail account. Hotmail IMAP is a multi-connector since it can help receive message from different devices.
- Go to the outlook on your browser.
- For first set up outlooks like the 2013 and 2010 the startup will open on the screen.
- The next button will pop up click on it.
- After this select the yes tab. The system will be requesting if you would like to configure an email account then select the next button to proceed.
When using a previous setup like the 2007 outlook there is little to be done. You might be adding an email or removing form the server.
- Go to the outlook page and select tool on the menu.
- Followed by account settings choose the email button.
- Now select new. After this selection choose the email service option will show on the screen.
- Go to the Microsoft exchange IMAP and select the next button.
Using a previous version of 2010 and 2013 follow the following procedure
Go to the outlook 2013 and pick on Hotmail IMAP. Remember we have the POP3 which works well but in single application. Select next to proceed
- Outlook 2010 and 2007 don’t touch the internet email option you only need to click on the next button.
- Now fill in your personal details from this order.
- Give your name and Email Address.
- The account type give the IMAP
- Incoming mail server option give the: imap-mail.outlook.com
- In the outgoing mail fill in: stmp-mail.outlook.com
- User name: here fill in your full email address.
- Password: it has to be the Hotmail email password. The remember box should always be checked.
- Here leave required logon using secure password authentication SPA. The box should be unchecked.
- Leave the test account setting by clicking the next button. The box should be checked.
- Select the more setting tab and proceed to outgoing server.
- Go to my outgoing sever SMTP which requires authentication.
- Now give same setting as the above incoming mail server and click on the Advanced button.
- The system will give such information as follows:
- Incoming server Hotmail IMAP: 993
- Using the encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server: SMTP: 587
- Using the encrypted connection: TLS Time out: 5
- You can leave other settings pending now click the ok button and close the more setting tab.
- Go to the next button and select the email settings.
- With the above setting the outlook will connect to the incoming server which is the IMAP.
- Check out for green tick if the procedure happens to work with both servers.
- Now do a test by closing the whole page and test account settings.
- The system will send you a congratulation note with this you can now click on the finish button.
- Not if 2 red ticks appear it means the procedure didn’t work out on both servers.
- Just repeat the procedure carefully for better result.
- However this happens in rare case and in a case of 10 only one or none.